The Store was founded in 1922 by Irving Krail at it’s present location.
In approximately 1927 the store moved into a new Main Street location
at the head of Forest Avenue. The store was on the site of the current
U.S. Bank building. When the Great Depression hit the store moved back to
the 105 N. Main Street address where it still is today but has undergone
numerous remodelings.
Irving Krail’s son Don Krail and his wife Catherine took over the business in
the late 1950’s and retained ownership until 1986. Craig and his wife Julie Gruening
purchased the store in 1986 and are the current owners. Craig started working at the store
part time in 1976.